N'hésitez pas à soutenir le forum ici et . ♡
Rejoignez-nous sur le discord du forum juste ici. ♡
Le deal à ne pas rater :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 Hz Google TV (Via ODR ...
499 €
Voir le deal

Partagez

it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] Empty
MessageSujet: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 13 Aoû - 12:50

“ it's friday night and i won't be long „

Five years ago, when I got to San Francisco, I met Graham. For some reason, I thought dating could help me get over Ryan and what I had gone through because of him. This had turned out to be a horrible mistake. Not because Graham was not a good guy – quite the contrary, he had turned out to be a wonderful man – but because I was not ready at all to be involved with someone. Luckily, we both realized that it was a mistake before it was to late. Seeing how we were getting along so well, we both thought that it would be a shame not to keep in touch. At first, it was slightly strange as we had been dating each other, but after a few months we had almost forgotten that we had been anything else that very good friends. Graham was one of the reason I never left San Francisco. We had our little habits and I didn't see myself living without our monthly movie night. Once a month we would meet at my place or at his to eat delivery food and criticize bad movies. Today was no different. We had agreed to meet at my place around 7.30pm. It was his turn to pick the movie and I was hoping he would bring something amazing as he always did. The aim was to find a really bad movie that we could enjoy criticize. I got home early from school and decided to correct the papers I had to grade at my own desk while sipping a cold smoothie. I was used to doing some school work at home, but usually gave myself a break as I got home. There was no time for break if I wanted to be done before my dear friend's arrival and enjoy my evening without having to dread the workload I would have to take care of during the week-end. Furthermore, depending on how the night went, I could be going to bed very late and I wanted to be able to sleep in guilt-free in the morning. I was calculating the grade of the final paper when someone rang the bell. « One second, I'm coming ! » I yelled through my flat as I was quickly writing down the total and grade. I put down my pen and walked to the door. I opened and saw Graham, smiling at me. « Hi ! How are you ? » I quickly hugged him and then teased him. « I hope you chose a good movie, cause last month's choice is hard to beat.. »
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 13 Aoû - 14:54

Sometimes you wonder how some things just happen, unexpectedly and mark the rest of your existence, for the best or for the worse. Luckily enough, this one was for the best as he found a really good friend in Faye even if their relationship started of on another level in the beggining. Five years ago, just a few days after the young woman dropped her bags in the city, Graham stumbled upon her and after a couple of dates, they went out together. Not much more to say about that, typical girl met a guy story you could say and they had quite a bit of fun while it lasted. 'Cause yes, that relation did come to end because something wasn't working out but fortunately, they both felt it and since they got along despite that, why throw her away just because they realized they hadn't any romantic feelings for each other ? It was a bit weird at first, since well, they'd seen each other naked and all that but as said before, they got along just great so it didn't take that long for them to leave that part of their past behind them and just enjoy each other's friendship. And ever since, they remained just that, friends. Over time they even developped their own little rituals like their monthly movie night. At last someone that shared his love for bad movies ! It was a silly thing to do but gosh, he loved that, picking and dissing at old and new movies for hours while eating snacks or takeaway food. Almost felt like going back in college for him. So as tonight was the night, he browsed in his collection of dvds to pick tonight's feature and once he found it, he packed his things, all prepped up before, leaving a note to let Savannah know where he'd be for the rest of the day. Making his way to Faye's place, he rang the bell as he arrived, happy to see her again, the smile he had on his face clearly showing it -also due to the fact that her yelling made him laugh-. « Hey there ! » he said as he hugged her back and he furrowed his brows in mock defiance at her comment. « In my power to outdone myself, not doubt you must, young padawan. » was all he replied as he stepped inside of her appartment, following her as he closed the door.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 13 Aoû - 18:32

Friendship was a mysterious thing. I never understood how it worked. When me and Graham stopped seeing each other, I thought it meant we could not be anything else. For some reason, we not only managed to become friends but that friendship lasted for many years, which was nice. When Graham started dating Savannah, I feared that it would change the way we were. Luckily, it did not happen and we remained as close as ever. Our monthly movie night was the most obvious proof of that. I greeted Graham when he showed up and he made a Star Wars related comment. Knowing our tastes in movies were not always similar I could not help but say. « Well, I know I didn't like the Star Wars movies, but I don't think that they actually count as bad movies... Or at least I doubt you would let me criticize them it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] 3758568431 » I always got weird looks when I mentioned that I had not enjoyed the whole series of movie, but with my Graham it was different. The good thing with him was that he knew how to take a joke. Maybe it was due to his career in public relations and to the fact that he was used to interacting with annoying people, so I was an easy person in comparison. Whatever it was, Graham had always understood my jokes and had never taken any of my remarks the wrong way. We got into my flat and I pointed at the sofa. « Have a seat. » It was more of a formality than anything. Graham new that he could sit anywhere and I would not mind. I moved the tv from the wall, where it was attached. « You're hungry ? I could eat a house... » My stomach confirmed what I was saying with some loud growling. I was a good cooker, but part of the movie night tradition was ordering way more food than we could eat and having leftovers for a week. I looked in my kitchen for the folder with the take-away menu and brought them to the table. There was no need to tell Graham to chose, he knew that he could take his pick as he was choosing the movie. I was hoping he would go for chinese or any menu other than domino's, as I just did not want pizzas tonight. « What do you want to drink ? I have wine, beer, sodas and I made some raspberry caipirinha for later. »
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyDim 14 Aoû - 11:29

There's many people who still think nowadays that a man and a woman can't be friends without sex being involved in the mix at some point or another. Technically with those two, it was right since they dated each other and then became friends but in a way, their friendship is not really altered by their previous fling. Somehow, it's easier to confine in her precisely because they've been together. Graham knows he can talk to Faye about anything -and I mean it, anything-. She still might judge him from time to time but overall she's one of the few women that opinion counts for him. As for the fact that she feared he'd stop their little movie night being in a new relationship, he was lucky enough that Savannah understood the way some things were. Being a nerd was part of who he was and that tradition predating them being a couple, she allowed him to keep it up. Movie night was sacred afterall. « Well you're not wrong about that last part... » he conceeded with a smile. Yeah, he was picky when it comes down to discussing Star Wars but he wasn't going to shame her for not liking it. It helped that he had to deal with annoying people in his job -let's be honest, some days he really wished he had a lightsaber or possess the Force to choke some of those clients- but that was just human decency: accept that people don't always like what you like and don't be a dick about it. Making his way in, he sat in the sofa as instructed -even if he knew he could sat anywhere he wanted- and watched her fetch the tv, admitting in her own way she was super hungry, which of course made him laugh. « Try not to eat this own or we're gonna have a problem. » he joked and he laughed even more when he heard Faye's stomach made a loud appearance in their conversation. « Let's order some thai or chinese, it'll fit tonight's mood with the movie I picked. » he teased her with one of his enigmatic smile, which usually either meant he was about to do something silly or had already done it. « Ooh, you know how to treat your guests I see...Uh beer for me please. » he finally answered, going for his bag to grab the dvd inside while she was bringing the drinks back.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyDim 14 Aoû - 16:40

I was really happy to welcome my close friend in my apartment. When I had first arrived into town, Leonora had rented a flat for me. It had been difficult for her to find something for me as I was still in New York and the landlords were anxious about letting their flat to someone they could not meet in person. She had gotten me a tiny studio flat for the first few months. I had taken me a few weeks to clean it up and make it feel more homy with some photos and plants. I was slightly ashamed of it so very few people got invited. Once I got settled in with my job and my friends I started looking for a more welcoming place and ended up scoring the lovely one-bedroom where I was currently living. Graham was one of the rare people who got to see my studio. One of the reason the movie night tradition included take-away food and not a home cooked menu was that the kitchen in the studio was old and not very functional. Now that I was in my modern and welcoming apartment, I was often inviting friends over, which was the reason why I had so many drinks in my fridge and snacks in my cupboards. Graham started laughing when I said that I was hungry enough to eat a house and told me not to eat the one we were in. « Well I guess I can wait until the delivery arrives. » He then looked at the menus and said that we could eat chinese or thai as it would match the movie he had picked. It got me wondering about his choice and the smirk on his face did not help as it was usually an indicator of a silly surprise. « I'd love some thai. Is there anyway I could get you to tell me more before we start the movie ? » It was not really a guessing game but I always tried to find out the movie before I got to see the title. My selection of drinks impressed Graham, but he stuck with a basic beer. I went back to the kitchen to grab two beers and opened them. I heard him go through his bag to get the dvd. I knew there was no way to sneak up on him so I did not even try. I put the beers down on the table and took out my phone so I could call the caterer once we would have made our choice.  « There you go. » I said as I poured some beer in my glass. I did not serve him as I suspected he would not use the glass.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyMer 17 Aoû - 13:29

Yeah, the old studio wasn't really a welcoming place even if Faye had done a tremendous job making it feel more home-like but given how the place was, there wasn't so much she could do to achieve that. But that's where movie night originated and even after she got to her new and current place, the takeaway food stayed just because it was part of the whole thing, simple as that. He knew she could cook -he enjoyed her muffins more than he'd like to say to be honest- but the main reason movie night existed was to just lay down and do nothing apart from eating and lash out on bad movies. Once in a month they were allowed to indulge themselves and he'd not miss it for the world. Laughing as she admitted she was really hungry, he joked about it and nodded at her response. Choosing from the menus, he said he'd rather have some chinese or thaï food as it'll go along the theme of the night, teasing her on the movie he'd pick for the night. « Then thaï it is and no, you'll have to wait to see but I promise we'll have plenty of things to discuss about this one. Single clue: you got to give the guys credits 'cause visual effects were almost inexistant at that time. » Choosing his beverage, he let his friend go get them while he was getting the copy out and hid it under one of the pillow on the sofa. He was lucky enough to find it, judging how old the picture was but nothing that the internet couldn't provide if you knew where to find it. As she came back and handed him his beer, he smiled and thanked her with a little nod. « Cheers! » he said as they clinked their drinks together. « So, what's news ? » he asked as he put down the beer on a coaster nearby « Oh and I'll take menu #6, I want some rolls with that beef. » he added a smile across his face, knowing the sooner they'd get food the better for her.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyMer 17 Aoû - 21:44

I had pretty much considered myself as a healthy eater for about ten years. However, I would never deny myself the pleasure of eating something that I liked. Even though I was trying to eat fruit and vegetables regularly, I had a soft spot for many less healthy things, such as eclairs, pop-corn and greasy 'crispy chicken' from burger kings. Movie night was not the only night I indulged myself, but it was one of the funniest thanks to Graham. Tonight's movie would have to be a surprise however because the elements he had given me were not enough. « Pff that's not a proper clue... my brain is way to tired at this point of the week to be able to work with only this little. I guess I will have to wait until the movie starts. » Well, it was either that or my cinematographic culture was not extensive enough to know an asian movie based on the sole fact that it was old and made by a guy. The second reason was also a plausible explanation, but it only occurred to me afterwards. Once I had brought the two beers to the table, he said cheers and I said it back as our glasses clinked.  « Cheers ! » the conversation would really start now that we new what we were going to eat and that we had something to drink. He asked me what had been going on in my life and I answered. « Well, you know.. boring teacher things ^^' well except maybe the fact that I only recently discovered that the very young guy who was often coming to school to pick up one of my students was not an extremely precocious dad, but actually the girl's big brother... this was quite awkward ! » I laughed while telling this story, but when Miles had explained to me that Olivia was his sister, I had not dared to laugh and had apologized profusely. I had sometimes mistaken a step-parent to be the actual parent, which was not very important as there was no way I could have know. Nevertheless, I had spent quite sometimes judging Miles based on the fact that he had had a kid so young and that I was not sure he could properly take care of Olivia when he was actually already filling in for his parents, which was very generous of him. Graham then said that he would take the menu number 6 and some rolls and I said « I'll have some crispy shrimp, cucumber salad and some red curry chicken. » I then picked up my phone and ordered what we had agreed on.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 20 Aoû - 19:31

God -or whatever you'd choose to believe in- bless genetics! Graham and his siblings could easily say they were indeed kind of blessed on that side because they never seemed to gain weight even though they could eat a lot. Graham had the habbit to snack a lot when he was in his creative process. He could raid his fridge and cupboards when he was really struggling to get the right idea for one of his projects. Cheetos, nachos, tacos, crisps, Pringles... Anything was good. Oh and he always loved burgers and hot dogs. Not really the healthiest of food you can find, no doubt about that but he was exercising a lot on the other side and working in PR was a lot more physical than you could think. And as said, it seemed to be some kind of a family heirloom that none of them ever get too big even if eating like ogres. So of course, knowing that about him made you understand why he also loved those movies nights so much. He could feel free to eat whatever he wanted and it was fun to drag Faye in it with him. « Oh sweetie, promise next time I'll bring an easy one then, for your brain's sake. » he said with a pout. He knew she had a demanding job too -dealing with kids all week long...he couldn't do it to be fair, he sure loved kids as he was still one too but having them all day long like she did, nope, not until he'd have one of his own, then he'd have no choice but to love him or her no matter what-. After their quick toast, he launched the proper conversation and let her share her week with him. Listening with intent, he smiled a bit as she explained to him how she mistook someone for the father of one of her pupils but turned out it was her brother. « You don't say! » he replied, amused as he just tried to picture the whole scene. « At least you didn't try to hit on him on top of that. Now that would have been super awkward. » he added, laughing a bit. Announcing then what he did want to order from the thaï restaurant they usually get delivery, he let her pick her courses and smiled at her choice. Reasonable since diverse but still a bit more than what she'd normally eat in terms of quantity. « So...still not seeing someone I gather ? » he asked as innocently as he could but a smirk began to form on his face, knowing she'd smack him with a pillow for asking that once more. Hey, he did just want to know because he wants her to be happy to, nothing more.

Dernière édition par Graham O'Connell le Mer 24 Aoû - 10:51, édité 1 fois
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyDim 21 Aoû - 19:23

I was really happy with my job, but it was a tiring one. There was the physical part – I often had to stand up for ours and so and to bend myself so much as my students were tiny children. The worst part was the mental part. Many people assumed that with the hours I had to work I would never be tired. There was this legend that a teacher works only a few hours a day and then can rest. As if it were this easy. No teacher was not the easy job that many people thought it was. First there was the teaching part. I was passionate about it, but having to calm my students when they were fighting about who could were a green sweater or not.. because, you know, it's Emma's colour so Jane cannot wear it, was not as interesting. When my teaching day was over, I had to correct assignments, plan the following lessons, participate in a teacher conference or even meet parents. Once I was really done with my day, my brain was useless. Luckily, Graham knew that, which was why he perfectly understood that the simple guessing game that we were used to playing was already too much for me today. « Well, in that case my brain thanks you. » At least, watching a lame movie and criticizing it would not require to much brain activity so I would be able to enjoy our evening. Graham was making fun of me for taking Miles as a pupil's parent. « Well, he was too young to be a dad and was too young to be a potential suitor, so no I did not hit on him. And that was awkward enough already, thanks.. » When it happened I could not really laugh about it, but know I could really see the irony in it and was simply hoping that Miles was not telling the story to everyone he knew. He then asked me if I was seeing anyone. « You know you're the one for me and I'm just waiting for you to dump Savannah so we can get back together, no ? » I could not even pretend to be serious and even if I had Graham knew that was not true. « More seriously, no.. I'm still being in a relationship with myself, but it's quite alright, we get along well. » I did not feel ready for a new relationship just now, but I was hoping I would get there soon. « You and blondie are still as happy as ever I presume ? »
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyMer 24 Aoû - 11:19

Talking about stereotypes. Teaching was not an easy job. You couldn't begin to count the real amount of hours you have to spend to do this job properly. Not to add the fact that yeah, dealing with kids was tiring enough when it was your own but dealing with two dozen of them in a single room 8 hours a day... Talk about a calling! At some point Grahamn considered teaching too. He always loved to learn and show people it could be fun to enlighten yourself with what seemed to many, useless information. But truly, if he didn't choose communication as a major, he'd probably be complaining about pupils too. They often talked about the little problems Faye had to deal with her kids, like that one time when Courtney cut off Sue's ponytail because she kept wacking her when she turned around in class... Kids. The simplicity of their minds always fascinated him, like they had seriously no filter and just follow their instinct. Nodding gentlemanly to her thanks, he had to make fun of the following story she related. He could just picture the whole scene and he wished he could have been there just to watch. And of course he had to joke about the fact that it could've been worse if she had hit on him. « Love knows no age... I can only imagine yeah and I'm so bummed I've missed that. » Sometimes he could really be a giant dork, it seemed mean to poke her on the subject like that but she knew he wasn't meaning any of it and that it was his way to show he cared. After all, as she kept telling him -and she wasn't the only one saying it- Graham was a grown kid himself most of the time, so that kind of behaviour was to be expected. Bouncing back on the topic, he asked if she was seeing someone. Her answer made him laugh a bit and he played along. « I know you're still smitten about me sweetie, and you want the truth ? So am I. » he said with a wink, obvisouly knowing she was messing with him just as he was with her. « Hey, as long as it works right ? » he replied with a small grin that dropped after her question. « We are yeah, even if she's pissed I told Gray about us. And people can't seen to get over the fact that we're together now. » he said while shrugging a bit. He was aware the whole situation sounded weird but couldn't they just be happy for him ? He didn't choose to fall for his twin's ex after all.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyJeu 25 Aoû - 16:25

Graham was making fun of me because of the 'miles not actually a dad' situation. I could not blame him and was secretly wishing he could have lived it by my side because it had been spectacular. He made a joke regarding the lack of importance of the age in a relationship. « I would generally agree, but my boss and my students' parents might not agree with the saying that age is only a number ッ » I was obviously joking, as my friend would understand. Nevertheless, I would feel very uncomfortable if I ever were to date one of my students' parents, but it had nothing to do with any age difference. Most of the parents I had had the chance to meet over the year were approximately my age or there was only a minimal age difference. It would simply be weird to be seeing my pupils out of the school area and to still have to grade them. I was not doubting my ability to be objective, but I would not want to ever have to encounter a student in the middle of the night while wearing a nightgown or worse... and they would not want it either. I did not have to think about it any more as Graham had asked me about my love life. I faked a love declaration and he implied that he loved me back. I pretended to be shocked before saying « Oh Graham, I've been waiting for you to tell me that for such a long time... you make my life complete ! » And once again, I bursted out laughing without control, unable to keep pretending. We knew exactly how we felt about each other and that was why we could laugh about it. He then confirmed that he was still with Savannah. « Exactly Smile and it seems to be working. I might even say she's making you a better man.. » I had obviously been surprised when he had started dating his twin brother's ex girlfriend, but for some reason it just seemed logical when you saw them together. Now that Grayson knew about it however, things might get a lot more complicated. « Well you were asking for trouble ! I thought I was the one with the slow brain, but I would have given him more time to get over her and be with a new girl... although it's been six months already. » Things would have been easier for Graham if Grayson had moved on more quickly, but for some reason his brother was still single, which meant that he could be pretty pissed to see his ex move on with his brother. « How did he take it ? »
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 27 Aoû - 11:01

Well, Faye didn't really wanted him to be there at that point 'cause chances were that he'd make a joke about it, only making the situation worse. Just imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for her then ? No, making fun at it was better and he laughed while nodding to her response. « Yeah, I'll give them that. But you handle that well. After all you're used to deal with kids. » And that was one ohter joke about the whole thing but he couldn't help it. As for the whole dating a child's parent while being his kids' teacher, it was of course complicated and could cause complications, regarding boundaries mainly -where does the personnal side of the realtionship starts impacting the school one and all that- but he knew she'd avoid a relation like that. Not to say it could indeed led to some weird and awkward situations once out of school like walking in on something you're not supposed to see. He trusted her to know when she'd find a suitable suitor. She was afterall a young, smart and beautiful woman, any guy in his right mind would have her, but yet again, these days men did tend to have something else in mind first when it comes to dating...if you know what I mean. One thing leading to another, Graham did ask her about how her love life was going, simply because he cared. Not that he was going to set her up with one of his friends, nope, not a mistake he was going to make. He just wanted her to be happy as she deserved to have someone that cared for her like she cared for others. The fake declaration was fun. He liked to joke about their past relationship since it was something so many people freaked out about, claiming you couldn't be in good terms with your ex. They both were the proof you could actually remain friends even after seing each other naked and all that. « You're welcome. » he replied with raised eyebrows, joking once more. But talking about his own private life made him lose his cocky facade. Yeah, things were still working great with Savannah and he pouted for a second at Faye's remark about her making him a better man. « Hey! That was uncalled for. » But truth is, he was bummed about the fuss his relation with her was creating. He shrugged for a second. He really didn't planned to end up with her, it was a slow process over the last months of her relationship with Grayson and he did ask him if he could ask her out. He didn't just do it like an asshole. « I know I could've picked anyone else but...life happens! You can't help who you fall in love with or you wouldn't have fell for me. » he answered, trying to use a bit of humor to diffuse the building tension. « I don't really know. When I asked him if he was okay with it, he seemed surprised yeah but he didn't seem too pissed either. It was...I've always been able to read him you know, but there...nothing. » He sighed as he let his head fall back on the sofa and turned to Faye next. « I don't want to hurt him but I don't wanna lose her either. What am I supposed to do ? Be misreable to let everyone else be happy ? » he asked with a miserable pout on his face.

Dernière édition par Graham O'Connell le Dim 28 Aoû - 14:44, édité 1 fois
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 27 Aoû - 21:49

For some strange reason, Graham and I had ended up talking about the problems I would get for dating one of my students. Obviously, I would never do such a thing but it still weirdly became the subject of our conversation. I had said that my boss and students' parents would cause me trouble and he answered that I would be able to handle them. « I guess I have dealt with worse in the past. » Even if I were to end up in jail that would not be the first time. Anyway, as I would never be dating a student – the simple fact of thinking about it was nightmarish – the conversation was closed. It was way funnier to joke about the fact that Graham and I were meant to be, because we both knew we weren't. We had both fake-confessed our love to the other. Maybe for another pair of friends, there would have been some underlying doubts and possible complications ahead, but we knew each other well enough not to be confronted with such problems. However, his relationship with Savannah was actually working and was not a joke. I mentioned that she was making him a better man and he said that was uncalled for. « Well, that seems to be a touchy subject... I meant that I'm happy you found someone. I don't really care who she is as long as you like her. » I understood that him dating Savannah was already getting him way more attention and I was genuinely happy for him. I did not care that blondie was Grayson's ex-girlfriend, I only cared that she was Graham's current girlfriend. However, I had a feeling that his twin brother might not be as thrilled to see them dating. My friend informed me that his brother didn't seem upset but that he hadn't been able to read him as he usually could. « I mean, even if he's mad he'll get over it. It's not as if he had tried to get back with her or if you'd stolen her. » Graham could not be blamed for having fallen in love with Savannah. Grayson and here were clearly over at that time and he would never had made a move if they had remained together. « I'm sure that he simply needs time to accept it. He won't stay upset for long. He loves you, but that's a big news to accept. » I did not have a twin sister, but I don't think I would have been overjoyed if my sister had dated any of my exes. Nevertheless, they were my exes because it hadn't work, so what if they could make her happy, should I fight it ?
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyDim 28 Aoû - 15:01

It was all Graham's fault. That was how his mind sometimes worked. He heard something, made fun of it and then all of a sudden you're not talking about the same thing anymore beause of that. Simple as that. But one thing leading to another they agreed she handled the "Miles situation" pretty well and that was the end of it. He'd trust her to deal with those like a professionnal. Coming to talk some related topic, a.k.a. Faye's dating life, they messed around a bit, confessing their mutual love but as she asked him about his own relationship, Graham lost his smile. Not that he was unhappy with Savannah, truth is he never was that happy with someone before. No, the problem was oming from the fuss everyone else around him was having about her being his twin's ex. « I'm already a great guy and you know it. » he corrected after she joked the girl was making him a better man and he started exposing the whole story to her. Of course it was a touchy subject to talk about but he was really feeling tired of people making such a big thing about it. Like ok, it was maybe a bit problematic but it wasn't like he was going to marry a hooker or if he'd killed anyone. He was just dating Gray's ex; Making a mountain out of a boulder was really something he disliked, especially when it was about his own private life. « I like her. A lot. » he said, insisting on the two last words and then answered her question about his brother's reaction to the news. They always had been able to read each other's thoughts but on this one, he didn't and that was also troubling him. He didn't want to lose his brother for something like this and from his point of view, whatever he'd do, he'd be losing something. « No, you know me, I may seem to be a player but I'm really not. I respest the girls I'm dating and I love Gray, I'd never tried anything if I knew he'd wanted her back. » Graham sighed, passing his hands on his head to try to wash away all that drama and looked at Faye with a mild smile. « I know and you're probably right but we're not here for that. It's movie night, c'mon ! I won't let my personnal life ruin our time together. So let's talk about something else, okay ? » Talking over and over about it wouldn't change anything anyway so right now all he wanted to do was eat like there was no tomorrow and spend a nice evening with his friend, watching some crappy old movie made before everything was GCI.

Dernière édition par Graham O'Connell le Mar 30 Aoû - 18:47, édité 1 fois
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyLun 29 Aoû - 18:14

My discussions with Graham were always unpredictable and I liked that. I had been convinced my whole life that there were two types of minds. There were the people who had a logical way of thinking. They would only connect very similar things together. Other people would think about ice-cream when you were talking about a gorilla, because gorilla sounded like vanilla and they had eaten vanilla ice-cream two days prior to your conversation. Obviously, Graham was part of the second category. I was mostly a logical thinker, which meant that I did not always understand how my friend had made the connection from one subject to another. We had switched from my job to my love life and to his relationship with Savannah. I said that she was making her a better man and he said he was already great.  « I mean, you’re obviously great. Otherwise I would not have you over, but it’s nice that you met someone you like. » I had never cared whether or not Graham was in a relationship but I was tired of being alone and seeing him with someone he appreciated was making me happy. I would not have taken the fact that blondie was Grayson’ ex into consideration if I had not been worried that Graham might lose his brother over it. I could not exactly judge since I had unknowingly dated a criminal before coming to San Francisco. The only important thing was that they liked each other and that was the case. « Good, that’s all that matters to me. » I was only sad that my friend’s happiness meant that he might get into a fight with his brother. However, Grayson had not shown any signs of anger or any signs of anything according to Graham. I had mentioned the fact that his behaviour could technically not be criticized since he had not attempted anything while his brother was dating her.  « I do think I know you and you cannot be blamed for falling in love with her. I think he knows that and that’s why he’s not too upset. » I could understand that seeing your ex date someone you knew was something that required some getting used to, especially when the someone was your brother. I was still convinced that Grayson would get over it. Graham asked me if we could talk about something else and I understood him perfectly. « For example the fact that Cassandra and I are going to a single’s night at some strange bar tomorrow night ? » Graham knew me well, so he would immediately know that it was not usual for me. I had met Cassandra thanks to him and we had decided to go and make fun of the desperate singles who would show up hoping to meet their soulmates in a lousy bar.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyMar 30 Aoû - 19:21

He was always told that he had a strange way of thinking but the way he wasseeingit, as long as he was able to get where he wanted, remember what he forgot and create what he had in mind, he couldn't care less. He was efficient and could learn a lot of things faster because of this. No downsides so to speak. But he knew it could be confusing for the others but by now, Faye was more than accostumed to that. That's why she didn't flinch when he asked her about her relationships after speaking about that incident at her work. And now yes, they were discussing his own love life and it was to say the least, a touchy subject. Correcting her about the "making him better" part, he admitted that indeed, he liked Savannah very much, hell, he was in love even. Really in love, not like when you've met someone you fancy or anything. He wanted to build something with her. What, he didn't know exactly but he was commited to that relationship and it was driving him mad that nobody seemed to understand what was going on. All that mattered was that she was Grayson's ex apparently. Nobody seemed to care for a second whether they were happy together or not. It was understandable yeah, he didn't pretend he didn't see the issue but he felt like he was some jerk, never caring for anyone except for himself when he was just the opposite. Anyone knowing him a little knew that. « I knew I had my reasons to like you so much. » he replied to her answer with an afflicted smile. At least there was someone that was still considering him like any other guy and not an animal or a complete jerk. « I hope so 'cause I really don't wanna lose him over something like this. » he added after she spoke her mind on Grayson's reaction to the whole situation. Whatever he'd do, he felt trapped. It was either losing his brother or losing her. If it had to come down to that choice, he knew what he'd choose ultimately, but he really didn't want to think about that now, not when they were supposed to have fun together. So Graham changed topics once more, suggesting they should talk about something else to not ruin the mood for the entire evening and his brows raised hearing what Faye just said. « Cassie...and you...going out in a strange bar to some sort of spped dating thing ? » he summarized slowly, trying not to laugh. « You're right, that's something else entirely ! » he commented, couldn't helping himself anymore ant bursted to laugh at the mere image of what she told him. He'd pay to actually be there and watch the pair in that bar.

Dernière édition par Graham O'Connell le Sam 3 Sep - 14:06, édité 1 fois
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyMer 31 Aoû - 19:22

Relationships were always full of complications. For some reason, the world seemed to like causing problems when people fell in love. There was always something wrong at some point and that was when the couple had finally formed.. You would always have to make some compromises with your beloved about cleaning up or about their lack of cooking. Or the problems would be worse. Your relationship could cause troubles in your family – with your parents if they don't like your significant other or with your brother if you had happened to fall in love with his ex-girlfriend. I on the other hand had simply gotten into trouble because I had unknowingly dated a criminal. Our discussion had tackled the different aspect of Graham's relationship with Savannah, starting with the fact that they were happy together, which was the most important thing. We had ended up talking very briefly about our own relationship as well. It was not comparable to that of a couple and we had not encountered troubles so far, but it was nice and having a friend like Graham was always appreciable.  « Other than the fact that I share your appreciation for this kind of movie night you mean ? » Because after all, this was the reason of his visit. We had moved on from our discussion about Savannah and Grayson because he was clearly sick of it and had started talking about our lives in general. I had mentioned that Cassandra and I had decided to go to a singles' night in a bar and he laughed before asking about it. « It's not speed dating, that would be complete suicide. No it's just singles' night, which means you should not be in the bar if your seeing anyone. This way we get to stick together and we can easily run if the guys are too annoying... or ugly. » It was something unusual for both of us. The singles' night thing, not the going out part obviously.  « You're right, it's quite unexpected. » I was not expecting to meet anyone that evening, but I simply wanted to see what the single men of San Francisco looked like. I was thinking about getting back on that horse, but my idea of a relationship did not include 'meeting in a bar event organized for desperate people'.  « If you're jealous, that's normal, singles' night in a bar of the LGBT neighbourhood sounds soooo amazing that anyone should be pissed to miss it !» I added laughing.
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 3 Sep - 14:50

Relationships, that he could handle. He knew you had to make compromises and accept certain things in order to bring balance to a relation but here that wasn't even it. Their relation was ok, it was the drama associated with who Savannah was that was problematic. Ok, he understood why it was creating a fuss but couldn't people just care about their own damn business for once and just be happy for them ? Things weren't working with Gray anymore and he never did tried anything before they had broken up. So why was it freaking everybody that much ? He didn't forced her to be with him and even did wait before getting into bed together. he did everything by the book, really. If she was someone else he'd be considered a gentleman but because it was Gray's ex he was a jerk. That was the part he hated the most about it, to be tagged as a bad guy when he really wasn't, Faye could vouch for him on that. But now wasn't the time to discuss all of this, tonight was movie night so he switched topics and he joked at her response, happy to have a friend like her around. Things could've been weird between them after the breakup but it never was. « There's that yes, but also your love for fried goods, your sense of humor and of course your adorable little nose. » he said, smiling as he booped her nose gently. The change of subject was salvatory because as soon as he heard what Faye said about her and Cassandra going out together to some bar, his mind left all his troubles behind to focus on that news. Letting her correct him that it wasn't a speed dating but single's night, he laughed even more at what she added. « Setting standards high for the guys, so judgy. » he joked before one of his brows raised. « And be careful, 'cause some guys still go to those kind of nights even if they're with someone. Easy "prey" gathered at the same place...just saying. » Some guys were afterall just jerks and didn't care about hurting their girl's feeling or cheat on them and he really didn't want Faye or Cassandra to get hurt by on of those a-holes. « Careful now, don't joke too much or I'll turn up there and I'll stun all your dates with my amazing charisma. » he said, laughing too, putting his chest forward and making a smolder face. « You both wouldn't stand a chance. »
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyVen 9 Sep - 22:06

When I had first discovered that Graham had a twin brother, I had been jealous. Although I had a sister and had been quite close to her in spite of the fact that we had been living very far appart, it was not the same thing. I had not experienced the relationship you could get with a twin but everything I had learnt about it made me envy my dear friend for his familial particularity. Every time I had seen the two O'Connell brothers together, I had imagined what it would have been like if my little sister and I had been born simultaneously. Obviously I could only picture part of it because so many twins explained that there bond was indescriptible and that it could not be understood by others. For this reason, as well as more simple ones, I felt really sorry for Graham and his possible fight with Grayson. As a big fan of romance and tragedy, I considered Graham and Savannah to be star-crossed lovers because of all the difficulties that they had encountered. Luckily, we had changed the subject of our conversation from the sad complications surrounding their love story and had moved on to our own relationship. Graham listed the things that he liked about me and I smiled before joking.  « My nose ? Well had I known that my nose could get me loved, I would have painted it red so everyone would see it. And talking about fried goods, the delivery guy should get there soon... I'm starviiiing. » I pretended to die from starvation on the couch and laughed. We had talked about an other sort of hunger with my future singles' night with Cassandra. Graham warned me that the guys in the bars might not be single and might also not be well-intentioned. « I guess we're better checking out the goods from afar and criticizing them instead of talking to them. » Actually that was mostly the plan. Although we had a slight hope of meeting someone interesting, the point of going was mostly to make us feel better about our lack of relationships by looking at people who had it worse that we did. I had joked about Graham coming and he played along, telling me that he would be cancelling us out if he did.  « We're sore losers, so that might be risky for you if you dared ruin our night. » A few seconds later, someone rang the doorbell and I immediately stood up.  « Oh gosh ! That was about time ! » I said as I walked to the door to get our food.

HJ:
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyMar 13 Sep - 11:08

Having a twin is indeed something that cannot be easily explained to someone who doesn't share that experience with you. Even if they weren't identical twins, Grayson and Graham shared a link that they couldn't have with anyone else inside their family. They always could talk to one another without even saying a word or they'd have the same facial expressions, probably not conscious about that part. So of course, with everything that was happening, Graham was clearly not in the best spot right now because there was a dilemma he'd rather avoid if he could. When he thought about it once, when he was alone in his flat, he joked that indeed they did really share everything as twin. Bad taste joke that was of course but really, he was feeling trapped and without a clue on how to deal with it which wasn't a situation he was used to, as usually he was more part of the solution than part of the problem. Anyway, he sure wasn't going to ruin entirely the evening with the drama his love life contained these days so he focused on something else and also on Faye. « Nah, that's just the tiny tipy toe of the wonderful iceberg that you are; guys are just too dumb to realise that. » he retorted to her and chuckled as she pretend to faint from starvation, looking at his watch, the delivery time they had getting indeed very close now. Continuing the conversation, revolving around the girls night out Cassandra and her were about to go to, Graham of course did jumped on the occasion to make fun out of it, pretending he'd come around just to mess things up and bother them as much as he could -which he wouldn't do, he knew better not to piss off the two young ladies- but still mentionned they had to remain carefulas players went also to that type of nights. « Wise move. » he said, nodding before he raised his hands in surrender when she threatened him if he dare come to the bar and ruin their fun. « Ok, ok, I won't come but I want details when you guys are done. » he added smiling and laughing a few seconds later as the dorr rang, letting them know their food as arrived. Letting Faye get the delivery, he sipped on his beer a little and put it down when she came back. « Ooh, that smells good. » he said as he breathed in the flavors coming out of the boxes and he stood up next, grabbing the dvd out of his bag, heading to the dvd player to set up the disc for them to watch. « Where's the remote ? » he asked, looking around without spotting the object in his surroundings.

HJ:
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptySam 17 Sep - 13:18

There was a proverb saying that you could choose your friends but not your family. Another one explained that your family was the friends that you did not choose. Although I did not agree fully with either of this proverbs, I kind of like the idea of fatality that they both expressed. I did not enjoy the concept of the humans being puppets, but I strongly believed that your family defined you. It was like a mould which determined your future. Even if you tried to fight your family’s influence, it would have a massive impact. I knew that my life was not only the result of the Blackwell’s influence, but I appreciated the idea that they had made me the way I was. These proverbs were slightly conflictual, but they both compared friends and family. I felt pretty weird about this comparison. Of course you could not compare them, they were so different. Ever since I had moved to San Francisco, I did not have my family with me and was ‘only’ surrounded by my friends. Nevertheless, I would not say that they were my second family or anything like that. It did not mean that I did not like them, on the contrary. Friends like Graham, Cassandra, etc. were the reason why I was still in town, but they were not my family. We were really close. At this point, I was closer to Graham than I was to my own sister, but that did not make him my brother. Sure he was supportive when I needed it and made fun of me the rest of the time, but it was not the same, which did not prevent me from having lots of fun with him and did not mean that he was less important than my family. It was just different.  « And that doesn’t include you, I’m guessing. » I was obviously teasing him, because he was not the kind of guy who would be superficial enough to only care about a girl’s physical appearance. We had also talked about Cassandra’s and my tactic for our evening at the bar. « You could almost assume we’re pros… Let’s just say we don’t have very high hopes. » That was sadly true. I had never been to one of those events but when I had talked about with Cassandra we had agreed that it was mostly for fun. We did not think we would meet anyone interesting there but we were still going. I was going for three simple reasons. First to spend the evening with my friend. Also because I wanted to have a look at the single men of San Francisco to see what I was missing out on. Finally, because I was hoping to see desperate people to make me feel better about my celibate.  « Obviously I’ll tell you all about it next time ! » I then went to get the food and came back as Graham asked for the remote.   « It should be near the TV. ».
Anonymous

Invité
Invité

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] EmptyLun 19 Sep - 23:08

You could say a lot of things about friends and family and they all could be true or not. Simply because each individual will always have a different point of view about the both of them. Being in bad terms with your family, feeling more accepted by your friends for some of your choices, reasons were numerous to explain that. But yeah, to him Faye was as close as family but nothing alike in the same time. The complexity of human relationships in all its glory. And of course, your relatives, close or not sometimes, had their impact on you, whether you realise it or not. It might be the tiniest of things that will leave its mark but your parents are obviously the first ones to mold the person you're gonna end up being. Education wasn't just what you were supposed to learn at school. It's also all those connections you make with people around you. Graham was just lucky enough to have a lot of good influences growing up, making him the man he was now, who was in all honesty, a good guy. That was at least how he was hoping to be seen by his friends and family members. « Of course it doesn't. We both know why things didn't work out between us and it had nothing to do with you or your personality. » he replied, knowing she was teasing him but he meant it when he said that she had a lot of qualities that any man -in his right mind- would appreciate if they were willing to and not a total jerk. Jerks, they might cross path with some at their girl's night out but it seemed like both girls weren't going to play the game so much as enjoyingthe night out with eah other company. « When it comes to you two, I'm not assuming anything, believe me. » he answered, chuckling a bit. He really did want to see how that whole evening was going to turn out for them but he wasn't going to show up. He knew better not to scorn the two ladies. But of course he'd want a summary, very detailed of the night later on so he smiled when she said she'd debrief him the next time they'd see each other. Letting her grab the food as he was going to set the dvd, he searched for the remote and with her help, finally grabbed the remote and was able to launch the dvd. Going back to the sofa, he settled himself next to her and smiled. « Ready ? » he asked as he grabbed the shopsticks, opening his box as he held the remote with the other, waiting for her approval to begin the screening. The party was just going to start, believe me.

Contenu sponsorisé

some info
and more
MessageSujet: Re: it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]   it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais] Empty

it's friday night and i won't be long | faye ღ graham [anglais]
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1